Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) has received increased attention over recent years due to the quantity and quality of evidence supporting its clinical applications (see: www.electrotherapy.org; www.DJOglobal.co.uk) and the development of an effective, safe and comfortable impulse.
The aim of this course is to increase your awareness of this evidence, how to incorporate it into the clinical management of your patient and optimise your outcomes. The business case for combining NMES with your other modalities will also be considered.
The business case demonstrates how NMES could become an income
generator for your practice or hospital.
Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
Half Day Training Course
"Thanks for organizing a great evening last night with Cliff, was extremely informative and the Compex machines were working overtime this morning!!"
- Ben Stirling at Core Physio, 2014
"The course last night was excellent, very enjoyable. I heard terms I'd not heard since I was a student (40 years ago now!).
Cliff was terrific, he made it interesting and had a first class manner."
- Philip Emm at Emm-Physio.co.uk, 2014
"The talk was very informative. Cliff, thank you for your time. You might be interested to know that I woke with no pain in my right TA today
(which was the one you treated!) this includes no tenderness on palpation. The left, untreated side remains tender.
I will certainly consider attending future events as I review how we can integrate new modalities into our clinic."
- Ishmael Beckford at Crystal Palace Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Centre, 2014
This practical workshop will be divided into two sessions.
Part 1 takes 1.5hrs and is part theory, part practical (suitable clothing is advised)
• What is NMES?
• Optimal impulse
• Therapeutic NMES interactions with tissue
• Manipulating frequencies to influence psychological effects
• The identification of Motor Points
• Electrode placement for safe, comfortable and effective use
• Practical applications for the lower limb
Part 2 takes 2 hours and is predominantly practical (suitable clothing is essential)
• Incorporating NMES into the clinical management of patients
• Using the Cefar Compex Muscle intelligence (Mi) technology
• Learn to combine two programmes (2+2 function) to improve treatment outcomes
• Specific treatment examples provided by delegates that may include:
Knee and ankle rehabilitation, hip and back treatments, shoulder disorders
The workshops include:
• 4 hrs of certificated CPD
• Access to exclusive offers on our NMES products for up to 30 days
• Patient demonstrations (subject to availability)
• Refreshments will be provided
• A DJO voucher for all attendees (worth £50) to be spent on any DJO Recovery Science products*
• NMES frequency charts, data sheets and rental information
Please scroll below to reserve your place and be directed to our PayPal payment platform.
* There will be half an hour refreshment break between Part I and Part II workshops
* Purchased directly through DJO UK Ltd Tel: 014834 70320 (option 1)
Mr Cliff Eaton
MSc BSc (Hons) MCSP
Cliff has spent his career working in professional sport at an elite level. He has been published in internationally recognised journals on sport specific rehabilitation. Cliff believes in three core skills advocated by the CSP: Manual Therapy, Exercise Therapy and Electrotherapy, combined to provide the best care management for patients.
“There is a current trend to promote a ‘hands on only’ approach to physical therapy these days” Cliff says. “Many physical therapists I have spoken to cite lack of understanding or the lack of evidence to support the efficacy in using electrotherapy”, he continued. “Due to the reduced emphasis placed on electrotherapy at undergraduate level for physiotherapists, the former may be understandable, human nature being what it is; it will be understandable that newly qualified physiotherapists will be anxious about using electrotherapy”. Cliff adds, “A lack of evidence there is not. There is, however, a lack of awareness and understanding of the relevant literature, and this is what we wish to promote on this course, combined with a large practical element. In this way we aim to ensure the therapists feel confident in using electrotherapy within their treatment paradigms”
£50 for a 4 hour CPD.
Available Dates and Locations for this Course
To enquire about future courses, please email ukmarketing@DJOglobal.com or call Hannah Humphries on 07787 566955.
Please fill in the form below. Once completed, press "Submit".
Please note that we only supply to the UK market.
CPD Submission Form